Letters

LETTER: Kenney shouldn’t be given any slack at all

RE: MAKICHUK: It’s time we cut Premier Kenney some slack

I have watched politics all my life and have never seen as an inept performance as Jason Kenny has put on.

He came to Alberta as our conservative saviour. He took over a party with a message that represented a lot of people’s views especially in rural Alberta and then proceeded to ignore the fundamentals of that platform.

Issues such as the Crownest debate on rail movement of grain where Western producers actually were thrown in jail for carrying a bucket full of grain across the Montana border have brought distrust. Trudeau has destroyed in many us the desire to be a part of this joke called Canada.

Kenny apparently was the man to bring these and many more issues to the Canadian public and demand change. In spite of many letters to him to encourage him to do something he has tucked his tail between his legs and completely dropped the ball.

If you are a conservative voter as I am, trying to find any reflection of a conservative values in his policy is hard to do. To those of us who committed time and money to the Wildrose Party much of what he has portrayed is a slap in the face. His treatment of many people during this so-called pandemic is not in the interests of those of us that believe in democracy.

He is the worst example I have seen as a failed politician that I have seen in my seventy years. What a disaster he has been and as far as cutting him slack forget it. He had a clear mandate when he took on his role from the people who put him there. Your wanting to cut him slack is an insult to the Wildrose base who put this incompetent fool in and were betrayed.

Matt McElroy
Rocky View County, Ab.

Want to submit a letter to the editor? Review our guidelines and submit yours here

Letters to the Editor of the Western Standard are posted under this account. Letters do not necessarily reflect the editorial position of the Western Standard or its columnists.

1. The Real Kevin

October 21, 2021 at 11:26 am

FYI, if anyone is wondering how it happened; it is called “the long march through the institutions”. The institutions started by your enemies? Why, those are the most important ones to subvert!

2. Clash

October 20, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Kenney has betrayed us. He was or has become a LEFTIST GLOBALIST useful Idiot. Our Judges are all Leftist Globalists also. Check out Rebel News about Judge Germain against Artur Pavlovski When Kenney talks it is just “Feel Good” theatre while he stabs us in the back. I will support WIPA and end up losing like the rest of you who still maintain hope!

3. Claudette Leece

October 19, 2021 at 7:56 am

OToole followed Kenneys footsteps. Promise one thing do the opposite. If someone didn’t know anything about Alberta’s politics, they would think the NDP or Liberals run it. Complete flip flop from what he promised. He folded like the Afghan army, trying to garner NDP votes, he knows he will never get. Now he’s a union lover when he said no more, he just gave AUPE a raise and you can bet he will be giving more. He fooled many of us just like OToole. Conservatives are not to be believed anymore unless they get someone , who keeps their word. Time for a party for the west, even better seperation, but we know these lefty cities will never opt out of this socialist country Canada’s become.

4. Dan Hunter

October 5, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Well said. Total betrayal of his base. Does he think bending to the leftist will win him votes? The left hate him. Now his own base hates him to. Nice strategy Kenney.

5. Lee Morrison

October 5, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I’m with Makichuk. I did’t support Kenney (I was with Jean) but I recognize that Kenney inherited a bucket of shit when confroned by COVID. He’s doing as well as most of the other premiers.

6. Liane Boeckx

October 5, 2021 at 1:16 pm

https://youtu.be/Uj2Ia9GlIM4 Project Veritas exposes Pfizer scientist declaring natural immunity is better than the shot!

7. MD

October 5, 2021 at 7:35 am

Amen to that. This is a good counter punch to that other ridiculous article to cut him some slack.
    Too many do not recognize the face of evil anymore. Lies, deceit and too many broken promises are not OK!
    A communist style government is not what we voted for!! I too contributed to the former Wildrose Party and I can’t even put into words the disgust I feel every single day.
    It’s baffling to me that the caucus won’t hold a no confidence vote. I think they’re under the Kenney spell. They all need to go!

8. Fergus Hodgson

October 5, 2021 at 7:24 am

My favorite line: “this joke called Canada.”

Kenney is simply a politician. He will never stick his neck out to push for Western independence.

9. Leonard Peacock

October 5, 2021 at 7:04 am

Absolutely agree could not say it any better

10. Ryan Slenders

October 4, 2021 at 5:40 pm

He was sketchy the whole way in. We didn’t need a parachute premier.

11. d.r.cmolloy@gmail.com

October 4, 2021 at 4:46 pm

Its time to take legal action when and if any political breaks a law. HAS in concert with Kenny has destroyed Alberta as we new it,Unelected officials need to stand trail when people find the role this group in not awing alternate treatments.Case in law under oath should do the trick.

12. Mars Hill

October 4, 2021 at 3:07 pm

13. John Lankers

October 4, 2021 at 1:01 pm

His long list of betrayals and broken promises started way before the so called pandemic.
    Fool me once blame on you, fool me twice blame on me. He fooled all of us all along, I have no sympathy left for Jason Kenney.

14. R3

October 4, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Excellent letter reflecting how many of us feel. Betrayed by our supposed savior.

15. Declan Carroll

October 4, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Amen!

16. James Taylor

October 4, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Here, here! Great response to an absolute brainlet of an opinion piece.

17. Andrew Red Deer

October 4, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Hoorah! Wildrosenation.com

18. Dennis

October 4, 2021 at 12:06 pm

Yes Sir Mr. McElroy! One could go on and on with the utter failures of this government but for me it is the disgusting role he has played with our healthcare system and the role of AHS. What is happening today is not only incompetent but criminal. Cut him some slack? I say he and all his cohorts need to stand trial for their crimes against humanity and put in prison.

19. Andrew

October 4, 2021 at 11:23 am

wildrosenation.com

Letters

LETTER: Praise for WS work on Spitzer tragedy

“I’m so tired of all the clickbait headlines. The trashy stories.”

RE: FILDEBRANDT: Alberta’s government lied about the death of young teen Nathanael Spitzer, and the media buried it

Thank you for your well-written article about Nathaneal Spitzer.

I’m so tired of all the clickbait headlines. The trashy stories. The articles written about things that don’t matter. The news forced on readers by those with a bigger/hidden agenda.

In the midst of a tragic time, when there is so much fear and anger swirling around, I’m very thankful to be reminded that there are writers like you that still care and want to fight for truth.

Thank you.

Tannis Linford
Medicine Hat-area, Ab.

Letters

LETTER: Quebec is worth the effort

“It’s the first sensible insight that I have seen in a very long time.”

RE: MAKICHUK: Let’s engage Quebec, and not just bash it

Your article is heartfelt and very impressive.

It’s the first sensible insight that I have seen in a very long time.

If at first, we don’t get far with Quebec, then keep trying. Thanks so much.

Richard Patterson
Ponoka, AB.

Letters

LETTER: The rest of the country may think of Alberta as redneck — let them

Alberta is being looked at as redneck. Well I like it. It’s about time somebody stood up to the bull crap that’s being handed down.

RE: MARSDEN: Vaccines are the anti-lockdown super weapon we need

When will the media start sending out the message vaccinated people can spread COVID-19 just as easy as non-vaccinated people.  In fact, maybe easier due to the mindset of invincibility they feel once vaccinated.

Start spreading the news the experimental drug vaccine only helps your personal immune system. It does not cure, make you immune, or stop you from spreading COVID-19.

The rising list of possible side effects to this untested long-term drug is scary, yet the media seems to ignore this except whatever the Pharma and government passes out.

How come we don’t hear how many positives have been passed by vaccinated people?

Alberta is being looked at as redneck. Well, I like it. It’s about time somebody stood up to the bull crap that’s being handed down.

I think every unvaccinated person, when forced to stand in a line or segregated out, should stand in the line of the vaccinated. Slow the system down.

Should tell the readers medical history is private.  If I have to sign a document for another doctor to see my records what authority does someone have to even ask me for my medical status to board a plane or get food etc.

Jerry Terpstra