Letters

LETTER: John Carpay will be dearly missed

“Mr. Carpay’s actions may have been questionable in your eyes but they were not illegal.”

RE: Carpay steps aside as head of the JCCF

Reinstate John Carpay.

He is the heart and soul of the JCCF and has been an effective and tireless advocate for the freedoms of Canadians.

Don’t give in to the demands of the elite political hypocrites and bullies who demand his head for one minor slip up. Hypocrites who continue to cavalierly and unapologetically break every promise they make and who do NOT have the right to judge and condemn Mr. Carpay for his actions.

“He among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.”

Mr. Carpay’s actions may have been questionable in your eyes but they were not illegal. We are at war with our political system and our Rights and Freedoms are literally at stake.

I support Mr. Carpay’s actions and demand he be reinstated in his position at the JCCF. Do not give in to the woke and political bullies!!

Bring back John Carpay.

Kate Chapman
Olds, AB

Want to submit a letter to the editor? Review our guidelines and submit yours here

Letters to the Editor of the Western Standard are posted under this account. Letters do not necessarily reflect the editorial position of the Western Standard or its columnists.

1. D.G.

August 20, 2021 at 7:55 pm

I’ve been a lawyer for thirty years. I became a lawyer because I believed in Justice, I believed in right and wrong. The proudest day of my life was when I signed my name on the rolls. What John Carpay did was an abomination. He makes me want to throw up. Good riddance to bottom dwelling scum.

2. SaskFreedom

August 5, 2021 at 9:11 pm

He didn’t do anything wrong. In hindsight, perhaps he should have passed on the tip on to a citizen journalist to keep jccf’s nose clean, but I really don’t understand what the big deal is. He hired a private detective to see if a judge was a hypocrite, and then had to resign?
    What if a judge was being bribed; would that too be “off limits” to discover? Who is judging the judges? Why are they not expected to follow the same laws they enforce?

3. Barbara

August 3, 2021 at 7:17 pm

He broke no law. Bring him back.
    The media , judges, politicians, AHS have lied to us for over a year and are still at it. Police giving illegal tickets, and fines, ignoring our constitutional rights.
    He defends us all. Bring him back.

Don’t go quietly into the night John.

4. Left Coast

July 19, 2021 at 1:44 pm

When multiple Criminal Incidents can’t get rid of our Crime Minister . . .

how does following a feckless Judge even relate to that reality?

5. David

July 15, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Well said. Bring John Carpay back!

6. MD

July 15, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Kate Chapman thank you for writing this. I was wondering if anyone felt the same way I did. I would like John Carpay back in his position where he belongs! He has done so much for the JCCF and the people of Canada.
    Anyone supportive of John Carpay should be sending emails to the JCCF.

7. Wesley

July 15, 2021 at 11:23 am

Well said Kate! Agreed we need John Carpay now more than ever.

8. Susan Grant

July 15, 2021 at 10:58 am

For the JCCF to bend so easily to the whims of the Criminal Political Judging elite is a sad statement on Cancel Culture. Please return Mr Carpay to the JCCF. Allow him to make his due accountable apology and be done with it. When we look at the picture of the dirty pool no rules for the ruling class, I can understand why Mr. Capay was simply trying to gather evidence! To prove the 2 calls system that has Rules for Thee and NOT for me as their focus of decision making!

9. j n

July 15, 2021 at 10:48 am

Re-instate with conditions – Simple – Without him the centre is lost

10. Michelle Houston

July 15, 2021 at 9:39 am

Completely agree. The “authorities” wanted us to snitch on each other, and they talked Tim Stephens with a helicopter, but we can’t check on judges and politicians, especially when there’s a long list of them who have clearly not adhered to their own rules? Give me a break.

11. Baron Not Baron

July 15, 2021 at 8:03 am

Meh.. contacted them about publicly asking that JK doesn’t take any salary during lockdowns and they were beyond lame in their response.

12. Rick Johnson

July 15, 2021 at 1:55 am

I completely agree. I can’t support the JCCF if they are so easily intimidated into offering up John as scapegoat. A Judge got tailed…how many business owners, church congregants and lock-down protesters have experienced the same thing and far worse this last year?

13. Cath

July 15, 2021 at 12:07 am

I completely agree with this writer. We need John Carpay. Reinstate John Carpay.

14. Deb

July 14, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Excellent letter Kate Chapman I agree. There has never been a time like now where we need the JCCF and John Carpay more. Our Charter of Rights and Freedom’s are being eroded daily. There have been many violations of The Nuremberg Code (1947) with this experimental vaccine. Oh Canada we stand on Guard for thee. We need JCCF to do that. We need justice. Reinstate John Carpay to his position at JCCF. Bring back John Carpay.
    My fellow Albertan’s please support JCCF’s. work.

15. David Flinn

July 14, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Agree. Bring back John Carpay.

16. Mike power

July 14, 2021 at 7:38 pm

Bring him back. Fight fire with fire.

17. JONATHAN DIXON

July 14, 2021 at 7:17 pm

These are my sentiments exactly. Are these board members compromised? Did someone get to one or more of them? Also, we don’t know the details of what someone told John Carpay, but I trust his judgment. If he felt justified in hiring a private detective because of what he’d been told, then I trust that the allegations were serious enough to warrant an investigation.

18. K

July 14, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Good man right here. He had to fight dirty, the people he’s fighting are dirty to the core.

19. Andrew

July 14, 2021 at 4:24 pm

He will be missed in that role for sure. I don’t think his contributions to Alberta are done though.

Letters

LETTER: Quebec is worth the effort

“It’s the first sensible insight that I have seen in a very long time.”

RE: MAKICHUK: Let’s engage Quebec, and not just bash it

Your article is heartfelt and very impressive.

It’s the first sensible insight that I have seen in a very long time.

If at first, we don’t get far with Quebec, then keep trying. Thanks so much.

Richard Patterson
Ponoka, AB.

Letters

LETTER: The rest of the country may think of Alberta as redneck — let them

Alberta is being looked at as redneck. Well I like it. It’s about time somebody stood up to the bull crap that’s being handed down.

RE: MARSDEN: Vaccines are the anti-lockdown super weapon we need

When will the media start sending out the message vaccinated people can spread COVID-19 just as easy as non-vaccinated people.  In fact, maybe easier due to the mindset of invincibility they feel once vaccinated.

Start spreading the news the experimental drug vaccine only helps your personal immune system. It does not cure, make you immune, or stop you from spreading COVID-19.

The rising list of possible side effects to this untested long-term drug is scary, yet the media seems to ignore this except whatever the Pharma and government passes out.

How come we don’t hear how many positives have been passed by vaccinated people?

Alberta is being looked at as redneck. Well, I like it. It’s about time somebody stood up to the bull crap that’s being handed down.

I think every unvaccinated person, when forced to stand in a line or segregated out, should stand in the line of the vaccinated. Slow the system down.

Should tell the readers medical history is private.  If I have to sign a document for another doctor to see my records what authority does someone have to even ask me for my medical status to board a plane or get food etc.

Jerry Terpstra
Brooks, AB

Letters

LETTER: Alberta should be off Equalization hook

Why would foreign nations be eligible for gratis Canadian money?

RE: Alberta Equalization referendum a step closer to reality

Alberta should be off the hook for Equalization support to the new Nation of Quebec.

Why would foreign nations be eligible for gratis Canadian money? Unless, of course, Trudeau decides their girls need education.

Then the payments could be construed as being for that. The Quebec template is open for us too. Just hold a couple of referendums on separation and no matter the outcome, eventually, we’ll get our way.

Doug Bullick