fbpx
Connect with us

News

Trudeau released from COVID isolation after only 13 hours

Trudeau and his entourage checked into a three-star Ottawa hotel Tuesday after arriving back from the G7 meetings in England.

mm

Published

on

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been sprung from his COVID-19 isolation centre – a mere 13 hours after checking in.

Trudeau and his entourage checked into a three-star Ottawa hotel Tuesday after arriving back from the G7 meetings in England.

CTV reported Trudeau’s office said he received his negative COVID-19 test Wednesday morning and can now leave isolation.

He was tested upon his arrival in Ottawa about 7 p.m. received negative test results the next day about 8 a.m.

Many Canadians returning from international travel have spent three days in isolation hotels paying an average cost of $1,200.

Federal Conservatives have blasted the Trudeau isolation centre plans because it isn’t on the government-approved accommodation list.

International arrivals are only allowed in airports in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, where they have quarantine hotels nearby.

Calgary MP Michelle Rempel-Garner introduced a motion into the House June 4 demanding Trudeau stay in one of the hotels regular Canadians had to use.

“He needs to stay where the rest of us are expected to stay or scrap the program,” Rempel-Garner tweeted.

Rempel-Garner continued her attack on Trudeau Wednesday.

“While all other Canadians have to stay in one of four quarantine hotels that have seen COVID-19 outbreaks, sexual assault allegations, and multiple security issues, Justin Trudeau has had a special hotel set up for his quarantine following his trip abroad,” Rempel-Garner said in a statement Wednesday.

“The prime minister only had to spend 10 hours in the hotel as he got his COVID-19 test back overnight, which seems to be a new record.”

Regulations state Trudeau must now isolate for 14 days and take another COVID-19 test next week.

A government advisory panel recommended last month the Trudeau government stop the quarantine program.

The fine for those refusing to comply has risen from $3,000 to $5,000.

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard
dnaylor@westernstandardonline.com
Twitter.com/nobby7694

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard and the Vice-President: News Division of Western Standard New Media Corp. He has served as the City Editor of the Calgary Sun and has covered Alberta news for nearly 40 years. dnaylor@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading
10 Comments

10 Comments

  1. David

    June 20, 2021 at 8:28 am

    Why should Justine follow his own government’s draconian regulations?

    He’s the overlord, not the slave. Shut up and pay more tax on everything to cover your carbon spewing anuses.

  2. Joc2257

    June 17, 2021 at 7:30 am

    White Privileged sycophant’s POS. Are these totalitarians A-holes the best this country has to offer for the positions they are elected to?? I think not. What a pathetic bunch.

  3. berta baby

    June 17, 2021 at 5:42 am

    Man I hope he never got raped or sexually assaulted like some other people who stayed 13 hours in rape hotels…. wait so 13 hours is all I need after international travel? To a country with the ever so feared formally identified as the India VOC , then identified as a number, but now identified as the delta variant ( so as not to sos confusion) is causing them to lock down …. rep world data out of the foothills center is showing people with both doses getting sick , is JT a potential super spreader?

  4. Mars Hill

    June 16, 2021 at 10:47 pm

    but but he’s the big dick in kanada, nice shock absorber as well

  5. Baron Not Baron

    June 16, 2021 at 9:24 pm

    WILDROSE INDEPENDENCE PARTY OF ALBERTA

  6. Dennis

    June 16, 2021 at 4:20 pm

  7. Joel VanderKooi

    June 16, 2021 at 3:42 pm

    Well, if he gets negative after all that open and maskless schmoozing and short quarantine I’d say it’s safe to say that the jig is up…especially as he got the fake jab anyway. Open up Canada and quit pushing the vaxx.

  8. Baron Not Baron

    June 16, 2021 at 2:48 pm

    Eh, some are more equal than others

  9. Chris

    June 16, 2021 at 2:10 pm

    Why is anyone surprised. Time for more Alberta and less Ottawa. Ottawa will always have theirs and the easts interests before the rest of us. #wildroseindependanceparty

  10. Cosmo Kramer

    June 16, 2021 at 1:52 pm

    While there he, his entourage, and other participants followed no social distancing nor masking rules (except for official photographs and videos for the masses). These scumsucking slimeballs are the worst hypocrites. The rules are for us and not them. When will people wake up?

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Truckers: ‘We are not separatists or terrorists’

The organization announced the number of heavy trucks-alone- going to Ottawa is close to 50,000, a large increase from the original expected 1,600 trucks.

mm

Published

on

Truckers on the Freedom Convoy are rejecting characterizations they are “separatists” and “terrorists.”

“A small team of Alberta truckers, their family members and friends, came to the decision that the Government of Canada has crossed a line with implementing COVID-19 vaccine passports and vaccine mandates. As of today, we now have the support of millions of Canadians from across the country,” group organizers said in a press release.

Demands from the Freedom Convoy to the federal government are:

  • Terminate all vaccine passports, including inter-Canada passport systems.
  • Eliminate mandatory programs of vaccination and contact tracing.
  • Respect the rights of those who wish to remain unvaccinated.
  • Cease the divisive rhetoric attacking Canadians who disagree with government mandates.
  • Cease limiting debate through coercive measures with the goal of censoring those who have varying or incorrect opinions.

“A unified and free Canada can be our future, and it starts now with reminding the government they serve the people,” stated the truckers.

“We have an opportunity for all of us to come together irrespective of our differences and do what is needed to ensure our freedoms are protected now and for future generations.

Statements claiming the convoy participants are ‘separatists’ or ‘terrorists’ are “categorically false and an attempt to smear” the movement, organizers said.

“It is saddening this kind of rhetoric is coming from Prime Minister Trudeau and his government. Instead of protecting our basic freedoms outlined in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Justin and his government seek to do the opposite. He is continually issuing defamatory comments and maligning large segments of the population. If history has taught us anything, these are actions that cannot be ignored. We are peaceful, hard-working Canadians who love our country and want the betterment for all Canadians.”

The organizers said due to the mass support of the movement, they can no longer guarantee the average Canadian will not be disrupted by the protest.

“For that, we are truly sorry, and we will do our very best to limit the disruptions to your lives. We ask that Canadians remember we are fighting for everyone’s freedoms and it’s the political class that has abandoned us all,” said the release.

The organization announced the number of heavy trucks going to Ottawa is close to 50,000, a large increase from the original expected 1,600 trucks. One driver going the opposite direction told the Western Standard he measured the convoy at 100-km long as it approached Winnipeg.

Some supporters are unable to commit to the whole trip, but are finding ways to still participate.

“A lot of vehicles just join the parade while it’s close to their homes and then peel off later, so it’s dynamic,” Martin Halvorson, a driver in the convoy, told the Western Standard.

“The amount of people is unknown because we are not counting … The numbers are big,” convoy organizer, Andy Draaistra, told the Western Standard.

“All the support is unbelievable, we hope the overpasses will hold the tons of people,” said Draaistra.

via risex100, Twitter
Via Basia Porter, Twitter

The protest is against federal COVID-19 mandates and is scheduled to arrive in Ottawa January 30 and then hold a mass demonstration the next day, Monday, when Parliament reumes.

Ewa Sudyk is a reporter with the Western Standard
esudyk@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading

News

China changes Fight Club ending to cops busting anarchists

Multiple scenes from the original cut were deleted and a new ending was added.

mm

Published

on

The classic film Fight Club has been changed for viewers in China, with a ‘happy ending’ that complies with domestic censorship rules.

An altered version of the 1999 film was released on streaming platform Tencent Video in China over the weekend.

Multiple scenes from the original cut were deleted and a new ending was added.

Many in China had seen the original film pirated online and were surprised when streaming the newly released version.

Instead of buildings exploding at the end, the version shows authorities step in and win. 

Original closing scene of Fight Club

In the closing scenes of the original the narrator kills off his imaginary alter ego Tyler Durden and then watches multiple buildings explode with Marla Singer, suggesting his character’s plan to bring down modern civilization is underway.

In the censored version released in China, the narrator still kills off Durden, but the exploding buildings scene is replaced with a written message on black screen.

“The police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals, successfully preventing the bomb from exploding.”

As well as Tyler, figment of the narrator’s imagination was sent to a ‘lunatic asylum’ for psychological treatment and later discharged.

Revised ending to Fight Club

China is home to some of the strictest rules regarding censorship, and only a handful of foreign films are released each year.

In the past Hollywood has created alternative cuts in order to comply with Chinese censorship rules, in hopes to access millions of viewers in the country.

It is unclear if the cut was made by western movie producers, or the Chinese government.

Tencent did not comment on the matter.

Authorities under President Xi Jinping have been working to eliminate society of influences classified as unhealthy, including within movies, television, computer games.

This effort was also extended to cracking down on the country’s local celebrities for perceived immoral behaviour.

The Cyberspace Administration of China announced earlier this week an organized month-long ‘clean’ web campaign to create a ‘civilized and healthy’ online atmosphere.

Ewa Sudyk is a reporter with the Western Standard
esudyk@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading

News

Butt launches Twitter tirade on Scheer for supporting truckers

“It’s a truly depressing turn for our politics to take in Canada. Have we paid no attention to what happened to US politics, and how it happened?”

mm

Published

on

The former top aide to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has launched a Twitter broadside against former Conservative leader Andrew Scheer after he supported the truckers’ convoy rolling across Canada to protest vaccine mandates.

“Thank you Truckers! Trudeau is attacking personal liberty and threatening everyone’s ability to get groceries because of his overreach on vaccine mandates. He is the biggest threat to freedom in Canada,” Scheer tweeted.

Scheer tweet

That was enough to set Butts off.

“A breathtakingly irresponsible thing for a former Leader of the Opposition to say. Calling the prime minister — any prime minister — the biggest threat to Canadian liberty? This isn’t a dog whistle. It’s a welcome mat,” he tweeted.

“Politics is a rough business and not for the thin of skin or faint of heart. But the people in these enormously important offices have to respect those offices, even if they don’t like each other.”

Butts tweet

In a later tweet, Butts said: “Have been thinking about Mr Scheer’s comments all day. It’s a truly depressing turn for our politics to take in Canada. Have we paid no attention to what happened to US politics, and how it happened? I almost wish I were a Conservative, so I could fight for my party’s soul.”

On the weekend, Butts took a run at organizer Tamara Lich in an attempt to cast doubt on the integrity of Convoy For Freedom 2022.

“An Alberta separatist has collected almost a million bucks on a GoFundMe page to ‘support’ trucker protests. Where will the money go?” asked Butts in a tweet. 

More than $4.5 million has been raised to date as thousands of truckers are expected to descend on Ottawa this weekend.

Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Share

Petition: No Media Bailouts

We the undersigned call on the Canadian government to immediately cease all payouts to media companies.

1,192 signatures

No Media Bailouts

The fourth estate is critical to a functioning democracy in holding the government to account. An objective media can't maintain editorial integrity when it accepts money from a government we expect it to be critical of.

We the undersigned call on the Canadian government to immediately cease all payouts to media companies.

**your signature**



The Western Standard will never accept government bailout money. By becoming a Western Standard member, you are supporting government bailout-free and proudly western media that is on your side. With your support, we can give Westerners a voice that doesn\'t need taxpayers money.

Share this with your friends:

Trending

Copyright © Western Standard New Media Corp.