fbpx
Connect with us

News

BC health authorities dismiss Lytton doc’s vaccination claims

Dr. Charles Hoffe said his community has seen “numerous allergic reactions” with two cases of anaphylaxis, the death of a 72-year-old COPD patient, and three people with on-going “neurological deficits.”

mm

Published

on

BC health authorities are denying claims by a doctor in Lytton that COVID-19 vaccinations caused chaos in his small community leading to a death and several serious side effects.

In an April 5 letter to BC Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Bonnie Henry, Dr. Charles Hoffe said 900 First Nations members have received their first dose of the Moderna vaccine near Lytton, in the BC interior.

“I have been quite alarmed at the high rate of serious side-effects from this novel treatment,” Hoffe wrote.

Hoffe said his community has seen “numerous allergic reactions” with two cases of anaphylaxis, the death of a 72-year-old COPD patient who complained they were constantly short of breath after being vaccinated, and three people with on-going “neurological deficits.”

He said the ages of the patients ranged from 38 to 82.

Hoffe told Henry he hasn’t had to treat any patients who actually had COVID-19.

“So in our limited experience, the vaccine is clearly more dangerous than COVID-19,” he said.

Hoffe asked Henry if it was “medically ethical” to continue the vaccine program in light of the severity of the side effects.

BC health authorities investigated and said Hoffe’s claims were without merit.

“It has been a challenge for us to investigate this thoroughly and take reports seriously,” Dr. Carol Fenton, Interior Health’s Kamloops-based medical health officer, said in a written statement.

“There have been no deaths or lasting adverse reactions connected to the Moderna/Pfizer vaccines, or any COVID-19 vaccine in Lytton, Interior Health or B.C. at this time.”

Dr. Carol Fenton. Courtesy Twitter

 Stats show there have been 1.35-million doses of the four approved vaccines — AstraZeneca, Covidshield, Moderna and Pfizer — administered in B.C. as of April 17.

Of those 1.35-million shots, there have been 727 reports of adverse reactions (or a rate of 1/20th of one per cent). The most frequently reported events were allergy-related and injection site pain/swelling/redness.

Of the 727 reports of adverse reactions, 37 were considered serious.

“There is a detailed process to review all adverse effects following immunizations, and all serious events are recorded and reported to the provincial and national level to monitor for safety signals that may be missed at the local level,” Fenton said.

“With the information we have from the vaccine rollout so far, the COVID-19 vaccines are very safe.

“The safety of people in Lytton, Nlaka’pamux and Northern St’at’imc Nations and all communities is the top priority and our recommendation is that all individuals should get immunized when they are eligible,” Fenton said.

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard
dnaylor@westernstandardonline.com
Twitter.com/nobby7694

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard and the Vice-President: News Division of Western Standard New Media Corp. He has served as the City Editor of the Calgary Sun and has covered Alberta news for nearly 40 years. dnaylor@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading
14 Comments

14 Comments

  1. JONATHAN DIXON

    April 29, 2021 at 10:28 pm

    Here’s a link to Dr. Charles Hoffe being interviewed by Laura Lynn Tyler-Thompson. For me, it was 31 minutes well-spent. Here’s the link:
    https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.org/frontline-news/watch-canadian-doctor-defies-gag-order-to-inform-public-how-moderna-covid-shots-killed-disabled-patients

  2. R3

    April 29, 2021 at 10:34 am

    These provincial public health doctors should go back to what they were trained for: Counting Gonorrhea cases.

    Instead, they have been given power to push experimental treatments on the masses.

    History repeats itself.

  3. JONATHAN DIXON

    April 29, 2021 at 12:32 am

    America’s Frontline Doctors have evidence that adverse reactions to the COVID-19 experimental vaccines are being dismissed and ignored. Here is a link to their press release:

    https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.org/press-releases/new-aflds-issue-brief-uncovers-major-concerns-among-covid-vaccinated-patients

  4. Bradley Wright

    April 28, 2021 at 6:20 pm

    So, if they’re going to inaccurately call us “covid-deniers”, can we call them Truth or Evidence Deniers?

  5. Tim

    April 28, 2021 at 1:42 pm

    Left Coast
    Texas population- 29 million- 50,000 deaths
    Sweden population- 10 million- 14000 deaths
    British Columbia population- 5 million- 1570 deaths
    We should be following their lead?

  6. Dennis Richter

    April 28, 2021 at 12:16 pm

    I dont know about that, All you doctors are liars, Right? Geez, Let’s start calling a spade a spade. These unelected government employees have to go.

  7. Dennis Richter

    April 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm

    Well Dr. Charles Hoffe, I guess that makes you a liar. Dr. Bonnie Henry said so. Where do we find these people?

  8. Baron Not Baron

    April 28, 2021 at 11:05 am

    The cabal will deny any wrongdoing. It is against the human dignity. It is this way because who’s pushing this cabal, is not from among us – my own opinion.

  9. Dennis Richter

    April 28, 2021 at 8:04 am

    Take a look at this conversation. This scientist has been trying to convey his findings for months but is constantly shut shown. This will send chills up your spine if he is in fact right.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyAovuUxro&feature=share

  10. Joni Menz

    April 28, 2021 at 7:39 am

    So, all serious events are recorded and reported to the provincial and national level. Where is this, what is it called? Does the public have access to this data? Show us the data!

  11. d.r.cmolloy@gmail.com

    April 27, 2021 at 8:47 pm

    Talk about calling the doc out ; she would be a fool to agree.Next they will say he’s confused I vote its the Henry thats been confused

  12. JONATHAN DIXON

    April 27, 2021 at 5:06 pm

    The “‘numerous allergic reactions’ with two cases of anaphylaxis, the death of a 72-year-old COPD patient who complained they were constantly short of breath after being vaccinated, and three people with on-going “neurological deficits” should be easily verifiable for anyone who takes the time and the effort to actually go and see these people. These are very serious matters and they should not be dismissed by an agenda-driven public health official. We are at war and the truth matters.

  13. John Martens

    April 27, 2021 at 1:16 pm

    What makes this Kamloops Dr. smarter and more knowledgeable than Dr. Hoffe?????? Show some scientific proof.

  14. Left Coast

    April 27, 2021 at 10:55 am

    Dr. Bonnie . . . who has always been the last to know . . . doesn’t believer the Dr. who is observing at arm’s length?

    No chance then that Dr. Bonnie will look at Florida, or Texas or Sweden . . . to see why they are so far ahead of BC, who are still invoking the “CHINA” Model Lockdowns & masks . . . wondering why they are getting the same results over & over?

    Einstein said . . . doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result . . . is the definition of Insanity !

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

BC removes capacity limits in some areas, but only if you’re double vaccinated

The change comes into effect October 25, and it applies to indoor sporting events, concerts, theatres, weddings, funeral receptions outside of a funeral home, and organized parties.

mm

Published

on

British Columbia will be seeing some restrictions eased for those who have can prove two doses of vaccination against COVID-19.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry announced Tuesday that capacity limits for events and gatherings throughout much of the province — where proof-of-vaccination is required — will be lifted.

The change comes into effect October 25, and it applies to indoor sporting events, concerts, theatres, weddings, funeral receptions outside of a funeral home, and organized parties.

Health officials will also be removing the requirement to stay seated at restaurants.

The changes do not apply to regional restrictions in effect in Interior Health, Northern Health, and eastern Fraser Valley.

Personal gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, are restricted to fully vaccinated people throughout the Northern Health region, with the exception of Terrace, Kitimat, Haida Gwaii, Prince Rupert, Stikine, and the Nisga’a areas.

Indoor mask requirements remain in effect for all indoor gatherings and events.

Reid Small is a BC correspondent for the Western Standard
rsmall@westernstandardonline.com
Twitter.com/reidsmall

Continue Reading

News

WORLD WATCH: U.K. warns of new COVID variant as cases rise yet Japan numbers plummet

Experts are taking a close look at AY.4.2. to see how much of a threat it may pose, but say it is not yet considered a “variant of concern”.

mm

Published

on

News reports out of the U.K. are linking an uptick in cases to a new variant that “could be 10 times more infectious than Delta,” yet Japan is seeing some of their lowest case counts since this time last year.

According to the latest official data out of the U.K., an increase in COVID-19 cases includes a genetically sequenced variant labelled AY.4.2 accounting for 6% of new cases.

Graph courtesy worldometers.info

The new strain, some call “Delta Plus”, is said to contain mutations that could give the virus “survival advantages” and could make it more contagious.

Experts are taking a close look at AY.4.2. to see how much of a threat it may pose, but say it is not yet considered a “variant of concern”.

Meanwhile, reports from Japan say a very different narrative where cases have mysteriously plummeted over the last two months.

Low case rates have not been the norm in Japan throughout the pandemic. However, despite the 2020 Summer Olympics being postponed to the summer of 2021 and Japan seeing some of the highest COVID-19 case rates in the world at times, the country has never implemented any full lockdowns.

Over the last two months, rates in Japan went from over 26,121 new cases recorded on August 22 to 494 new cases as of Monday.

Graph courtesy worldometers.info

Some are crediting the incredible turnaround to a late but rapid uptake in vaccinations. Others say it could have something to do with bad August weather in the latter part of the month that kept people home.

Officials are still trying to determine the cause of the huge decline in cases and experts are warning Japan could face another surge with the gradual waning of vaccine efficacy as well as heading into the colder winter months.

Melanie Risdon is a reporter with the Western Standard
mrisdon@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading

News

EXCLUSIVE: Chu vows not to resign, apologizes and speaks out on allegations

Chu speaks out after allegations against him come to light.

mm

Published

on

Embattled Calgary Councillor Sean Chu says he has no intention of resigning, but has apologized to a woman he had a sexual encounter with 24 years ago.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean any harm,” Chu told the Western Standard in an exclusive interview on Tuesday.

City of Calgary officials confirmed Chu won the election race in Ward 4 by a mere 52 votes after allegations surfaced last week of his involvement in August of 1997 with a girl who was just 16 at the time.

“This was nothing but a political assassination,” said Chu.

Chu, who has represented Ward 4 since 2013, also fired back at some media reports which he claims were completely wrong.

Chu said he met the unidentified girl at a pub near Macleod Tr. and 94 Ave. S and not the Husky House restaurant downtown that some media had reported.

“Because it was a licensed establishment I thought the girl was at least 18 years old,” said Chu, who was in uniform with his partner at the time.

“I was single at the time and I thought some girl liked me.”

The Western Standard cannot confirm at this time if there is documentary evidence the encounter was at the Husky House or at the pub on Macleod Tr.

At some point in their interaction, Chu caressed the girl’s leg, an incident that later earned him a letter of reprimand on his file.

Chu said the girl seemed interested in him so when he was off duty he changed into civilian clothes and went back to the pub to meet the girl.

The evening continued with Chu and the girl eventually heading to his home.

Once there, the pair “started kissing and hugging, but there was no intercourse,” said Chu.

Chu admits there was “some touching underneath clothes”.

“She then said she wanted to go home and I drove her straight there.”

Chu denied media reports that a gun was produced during the evening at his home. He said he checked his service weapon in at the police’s traffic office when he signed off duty.

At one point Chu said he owned a shotgun, but denied that weapon was ever produced or shown in any way that night.

“If there had been a gun involved there would have been charges,” said Chu.

The Western Standard has not seen any documents that indicate the presence or absence of a firearm on the evening in question.

Chu said he does not drink alcohol, but added he didn’t know if the girl had been drinking.

After the incident, the girl reported the case to city police claiming she was sexually assaulted. That lead to nine years of investigations, court battles and appeals, with news of the case only leaking last week, days before the civil election.

There were never any sexual assault or weapons charges laid, and Chu says the letter of reprimand was the only discipline that came out of the entire process.

Documents obtained by the Western Standard and other media indicate that the woman claimed the whole process was a “cover-up.”

Chu served as a Calgary police officer from 1992 until he was elected in 2013.

Chu is now at the centre of a political storm with friends and supporters deserting him.

Premier Jason Kenney described the allegations as “appalling” but said he didn’t think there was any way for the province to remove a councillor who han’t been convicted under the Criminal Code.

He said he would be happy to meet with Mayor-Elect Jyoti Gondek to discuss the situation.

Kenney said as much of the legal documents are under seal, it’s up to Chu to prove his innocence.

Calgary-Nose Hill MP Michelle Rempel Garner tweeted her disgust at the incident.

“I have supported Mr. Chu in the past, but firmly withdraw all such support in light of these reports. Believing women means walking the talk,” she tweeted.

“In light of the disciplinary action, as a result of inappropriate contact with a minor which has been reported by CBC Calgary, MP Rempel Garner is formally withdrawing her endorsement of Councillor Sean Chu and he is no longer a member of her Constituency Association.”

Rempel Garner tweet

Now Chu said he is looking at his legal options and a possible defamation suit over some of what he called the false reporting.

“I have always told the truth. My reputation is important to me and now my family is hurting,” said Chu.

Chu said he wouldn’t comment on remarks made by Gondek that she will try and remove him from council.

“I will continue to tell the truth at council and will be a fiscal hawk,” he said.

“The most important thing is I told the truth and the truth will prevail.”

It appears any bid to try and remove Chu would fail because he was not charged or convicted criminally.

Calgary police released a statement Monday about its investigation in 1997. It states:

“We want to reassure Calgarians that when this matter came to light in 1997 it was taken seriously by the Service and managed in accordance with the Police Act. This has been a complex legal matter with multiple complaints and investigations as well as appeals to the Alberta Law Enforcement Review Board. One of those decisions was overturned by the Alberta Court of Appeal. Ultimately, one allegation of misconduct was sustained through our internal disciplinary process.”

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard
dnaylor@westernstandardonline.com
Twitter.com/nobby7694

Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Share

Petition: No Media Bailouts

We the undersigned call on the Canadian government to immediately cease all payouts to media companies.

563 signatures

No Media Bailouts

The fourth estate is critical to a functioning democracy in holding the government to account. An objective media can't maintain editorial integrity when it accepts money from a government we expect it to be critical of.

We the undersigned call on the Canadian government to immediately cease all payouts to media companies.

**your signature**



The Western Standard will never accept government bailout money. By becoming a Western Standard member, you are supporting government bailout-free and proudly western media that is on your side. With your support, we can give Westerners a voice that doesn\'t need taxpayers money.

Share this with your friends:

Trending

Copyright © Western Standard New Media Corp.