fbpx
Connect with us

News

Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth no match for Greatest Pandemic on Earth

It is the first time the Stampede has been cancelled since it became an annual event in 1923.

mm

Published

on

This year’s Calgary Stampede has been cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The decision was announced Thursday afternoon.

“On account of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chief Medical Officer of Health of Alberta has banned all gatherings of more than 15 people for an indefinite period of time and the City of Calgary has declared a state of local emergency. These steps, as well as our continuing concern for the health and well-being of our community, means we are unable to host the 2020 edition of the Calgary Stampede,” the Stampede said in a statement.

“This one’s tough,” said an emotional Mayor Naheed Nenshi, a member of the Stampede board.

“This virus is impacting everyone of us in the world. The Stampede board has done what the Stampede board always does, putting the community first.

“It’s hard to imagine what a July without the Stampede looks like…(the city) stand in full support of what the Stampede has decided.”

Stampede officials said the events results in a $540 million benefit to the Alberta economy.

The city of Calgary had cancelled all activities until June 30. This year’s edition of the Stampede had been scheduled to take place July 3-12.

It was also announced Thursday the 2020 Calgary Folk Festival is also being cancelled.

The Stampede temporarily laid off close to 900 staff — around 80 per cent of its workforce – in March. 

It is the first time the Stampede has been cancelled since it became an annual event in 1923.

It was on with the show during the Depression, the Second World War and the flooding of 2013, but the COVID-19 pandemic finally halted it.

The Stampede and Rangeland Derby had been drawing about 1.2 million visitors the last several years.

K-Days in Edmonton has traditionally been held the week after the Stampede. It announced Thursday it is cancelling its run this year.

“The decision follows increasing and overwhelming concerns about the COVID-19 virus in our region, to the point that we felt it would not be possible to mount the annual event,” organizers said it a statement.

Northlands President and CEO Peter Male said: “We felt this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented global situation. We are very disappointed but we know it’s the right decision based on the information we have today.”

In February, K-Days announced it was cancelling its parade.

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard

dnaylor@westewrnstandardonline.com

TWITTER: Twitter.com/nobby7694

Dave Naylor is the News Editor of the Western Standard and the Vice-President: News Division of Western Standard New Media Corp. He has served as the City Editor of the Calgary Sun and has covered Alberta news for nearly 40 years. dnaylor@westernstandardonline.com

News

Four Alberta doctors file lawsuit againt AHS and Yiu over forced vaccination

“The Plaintiffs oppose being forced against their will to be vaccinated without their informed consent as mandated by AHS,” the statement of claim reads.

mm

Published

on

A statement of claim was filed Friday against Alberta Health Services (AHS) and President and CEO of AHS, Dr. Verna Yiu by four Alberta doctors opposed to vaccination mandates.

“The Plaintiffs oppose being forced against their will to be vaccinated without their informed consent as mandated by AHS,” the statement of claim reads.

“Further, the Plaintiffs are opposed to disclosing their private health information or have disclosed their private health information with respect to their vaccination status against their will under threat of termination or unpaid long-term leave.”

The statement of claim says the plaintiffs are also concerned the COVID-19 vaccines are “experimental and have not undergone sufficient long-term safety observation,” and claim the ingredients for the vaccines have yet to be fully disclosed.

Plaintiff Dr. Joanna Moser is an anesthesiologist in Calgary and Red Deer and has had severe allergies to past vaccines. Moser is concerned about the risks she faces not knowing what the full list of ingredients are and fears having an adverse reaction to the shot but has been denied an exemption.

The legal filing also highlights the doctors’ concerns that “the COVID-19 vaccines do not provide full immunity,” and may only “lessen the severity of symptoms or potentially reduce the risk of hospitalization.”

In addition to citing numerous Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms violations and medical references disputing the safety and efficacy of the vaccines, the statement of claim also says the doctors are facing “discrimination” and have suffered “vilification and extreme ill-will” as a result of “false public statements” that the “unvaccinated are to blame for the pandemic.”

 Local lawyer, Jeffrey Rath of Rath & Company filed the statement of claim on behalf of his clients Friday afternoon and intends to file an injunction application on Monday.

“We’re filing the injunction to provide temporary relief for our clients and others while waiting for this to get to trial,” said Rath in an interview with the Western Standard.

“The injunction will bring broad-based relief to all those unvaccinated within AHS on the basis that it’s creating a toxic work environment and is willfully creating contempt and hatred towards unvaccinated staff members.”

An injunction, if successful, would force the vaccine mandates to be put on hold until the claim is finally determined.

Melanie Risdon is a reporter with the Western Standard
mrisdon@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading

News

Banned BC doctor claims COVID ‘the greatest propaganda campaign in human history’

“This is a pandemic caused by the vaccinations and were talking about high school level biology,” said Dr. Nagase.

mm

Published

on

The current COVID-19 crisis is because of a “pandemic caused by vaccination,” said banned Dr. Daniel Nagase, in an exclusive interview with the Western Standard.

Nagase, a B.C. doctor who came under fire for giving patients an unapproved treatment for COVID-19 while working in Alberta hospitals, has been relieved of his duties in September and is no longer permitted to work in Alberta Health Services facilities.

Early October, a video of Nagase speaking at an event commemorating the anniversary of the Nuremburg Trials went viral with his account of working in an Alberta hospital treating COVID-19 patients with Ivermectin, which is also used in agriculture settings.

Western Standard exclusive interview with Dr. Daniel Nagase

The Western Standard shared the video and subsequent tweets from AHS about the incident.

“All physicians — including temporary locums — are governed by AHS’ medical bylaws when working in an AHS facility. Under these bylaws, there are expectations for all physicians to follow regarding unapproved use of medical therapy,” said AHS.

Nagase said he is not against vaccines, but said “there’s never been anything like this given to humans,” referencing the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.

“Medically speaking, scientifically speaking, this is a lot closer to gene therapy than it is other vaccines that have been put out in history,” Nagase said adding he has not had a COVID-19 shot yet.

Nagase said his life has been turned upside down since he began to speak out about his experience being relieved of duty for treating COVID-19 patients with Ivermectin, but added, “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Since his message has gone viral on social media, Nagase said he’s been able to reach more people with his message that “Ivermectin is a safe medication for coronavirus 19.”

Nagase has researched trials in other countries and said, “in every single one of those studies, Ivermectin worked. In moderate COVID and mild COVID mortality is reduced to zero.”

Also concerning to Nagase is that doctors are being prevented from treating patients as they would have been able to in the past.

“What they did is something that has never been done in 200 years of medical history. They banned doctors from trying a medication and banned patients from receiving it,” said Nagase of how Ivermectin was prohibited from being prescribed and used to treat COVID-19 in Canada.

Nagase has been banned from hospital practice in all AHS facilities, but is still able to practice if he opened his own office. However, Nagase said as of Monday, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta has asked him to voluntarily withdraw his licence.

“And usually when they demand you voluntarily withdraw your licence, it’s because they are leading up to involuntary revocation of your license,” he said.

Nagase also slammed the Alberta government for its handling of the health crisis.

“It has been completely anti-science,” Nagase said who went on to explain “when healthy people wear masks, you are actually driving the evolution for any virus to overcome that mask.”

“This is a pandemic caused by the vaccinations and were talking about high school level biology.

“I’m worried that we are living through the greatest propaganda campaign in human history,” Nagase said when asked why he believes there is such conflicting information around the pandemic.

When asked how he would have handled dealing with the pandemic, Nagase said, “two weeks to flatten the curve and that’s it. Isolate only the people that are at high risk of dying — that’s all.”

Nagase is in Calgary speaking at the Freedom Talk conference running Friday and Saturday. Details on the conference are here.

For those not on Facebook, the video will also be available here on Rumble.

Melanie Risdon is a reporter with the Western Standard
mrisdon@westernstandardonline.com

Continue Reading

News

BC Liberals refuse to accept Gunn as leadership candidate

“LEOC concluded that to approve Mr. Gunn’s candidacy would be inconsistent with the BC Liberal Party’s commitment to reconciliation, diversity and acceptance of all British Columbians,” said the party in a statement.

mm

Published

on

BC Liberals have told Aaron Gunn he will not be allowed to stand as a candidate for the leadership of the party.

“After a thorough review of Mr. Gunn’s statements on social media, both public and private, and after having provided Mr. Gunn with the opportunity to respond to concerns raised by certain of those statements, LEOC concluded that to approve Mr. Gunn’s candidacy would be inconsistent with the BC Liberal Party’s commitment to reconciliation, diversity and acceptance of all British Columbians,” said the party in a statement.

Gunn was less than pleased with the decision.

“Today, it became clear that conservatives, and all British Columbians who believe in common sense and freedom of speech, are no longer welcome in today’s BC Liberal party. I will be releasing a full statement later today, but rest assured, if you think this fight is over, you couldn’t be more wrong,” he tweeted.

Gunn tweet

“mm 7 unelected, non-Indigenous insiders decided my candidacy would be inconsistent with “reconciliation”… Meanwhile, it was ACTUALLY supported by the only Indigenous person in the race,” he tweeted.

“Imagine being so entitled and arrogant that you believe a small group of unelected insiders should decide the future direction of a political party and not its democratic membership.”

Gunn announced on October 9 he would try and run for the leadership.

“I’m tired of sitting on the sidelines … the policies being enacted are the antithesis to common sense,” Gunn told an enthusiastic crowd assembled at the Greek Community Centre in Saanich — a municipality of the Greater Victoria area — moments ago.

“For too long, politicians have promised us one thing, but failed to deliver once in power … under the NDP things have gotten worse,” he said, referring to John Horgan’s government.

“I think it’s time for a change, I think it’s time for renewal and I think it’s time for common sense,” he said moments before officially announcing his candidacy.

Gunn, 31, who planned on running under the banner: Bring Back Common Sense, tried to join six others — Gavin Dew, Kevin Falcon, Michael Lee, Val Litwin, Ellis Ross, and Renee Merrifield — who’ve already tossed their hats into the leadership race ring.

His said priorities would have included scrapping the carbon tax, “serious” health care reform, and opposing vaccine passports.

“I’ll be the only one in the race opposing those, as I believe I have a substantially different approach than the other candidates. I’ve got very clear positions on on the development of resources, on supporting our forest industry, on supporting our energy industry, and a whole bunch of other things.”

Gunn said changes need to come from the top.

“I think it all starts with political leadership,” he said.

“When (police) feel they don’t have the political support, or no one’s got their back, I think that trickles down into what you see in everyday policing issues. I know many police — I’ve talked to people in the Vic PD, for example — they know sometimes they arrest one of these people, and they do all the paperwork only to see them back on the streets in just a matter of days, or even less.

“So I think there’s lots of problems and, provincially, there’s only so much you can do, but you can direct prosecutors to pursue maximum sentences, and to pursue people who are repeatedly and flagrantly breaking the law.”

Gunn served Canada during a three-year stint in the Army Reserves straight out of university, before he went to work for the Canadian Taxpayer’s Federation where he founded and became executive director of the “Generation Screwed” initiative which battled government debt, among other issues.

He’s been on the fringes of the political scene for the past three years or so, and his YouTube videos have garnered more than 50 million views and tens of thousands of followers, making him one of British Columbia’s most listened to political voices. (As an example, his Facebook followers number 20,000 more than Premier John Horgan).

Gunn said he not only wants to rebrand the BC Liberal Party — which is not affiliated with its similarly named federal party, but to rename it, as well, to reflect his and other party member’s conservatism.

Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Share

Petition: No Media Bailouts

We the undersigned call on the Canadian government to immediately cease all payouts to media companies.

585 signatures

No Media Bailouts

The fourth estate is critical to a functioning democracy in holding the government to account. An objective media can't maintain editorial integrity when it accepts money from a government we expect it to be critical of.

We the undersigned call on the Canadian government to immediately cease all payouts to media companies.

**your signature**



The Western Standard will never accept government bailout money. By becoming a Western Standard member, you are supporting government bailout-free and proudly western media that is on your side. With your support, we can give Westerners a voice that doesn\'t need taxpayers money.

Share this with your friends:

Trending

Copyright © Western Standard New Media Corp.